Welcome to The Ohio State University College of Veterinary Medicine's Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) program!
COVID-19: Updates from the Office of Admissions
Dear prospective student,
As the fall semester begins, you may be wondering how you can engage with our office and what accommodations are in place for College of Veterinary Medicine future applicants. We are committed to providing you with timely communication as you continue through the application process. During these uncertain times, please be aware of the following:
- We accept online coursework from regionally accredited programs.
- We will accept all pass/fail coursework completed during the spring 2020, summer 2020, autumn 2020 and spring 2021 semesters.
- Interviews for the 2022-2023 application cycle will be held in a virtual format. There will be an opportunity for applicants to visit the campus in the Spring of 2023. More information is provided below and please visit our list of frequently asked questions for additional interview information.
We look forward to working with you!
The Admissions Staff
Each year the College admits 165 new veterinary students. Due to the number of applicants exceeding the number of spaces available, the College utilizes selective admissions procedures. Applicants are evaluated on academic profiles and certain other non-cognitive factors including motivation and commitment to the profession, character, communication and interpersonal skills, leadership ability, animal exposure and knowledge of the profession.
If you scroll down below, you will find helpful information about the admission requirements, selection process, application checklist, dates and deadlines, frequently asked questions, and financial aid, etc.
- Admissions Process
- Admissions Brochure
- Application Checklist
- Class Profile
- Presenting a Competitive Application
- Tuition, Fees and Payment Information
- Financial Aid Information
- DVM Curriculum
- Admissions FAQs
- Information for high school and junior high students
- Alumni in Admissions
- Contact Us
- Technical Standards
PLEASE NOTE: Admission policies and requirements are reviewed periodically and are subject to change. Please contact the Office of Admissions & Recruitment for the most current policies and requirements at 614-292-1171.