Jaylene Flint, PhD
Adjunct-Assistant Professor - Ecohealth Management
Professional Training and Experience
- PhD, The University of Queensland
- GradDipEd, University of the Sunshine Coast
- BSc, Griffith University
With a focus on Zoo and Wildlife Conservation and Ecosystem Health:
- Threatened species conservation, education and research and how these disciplines can be better combined to understand ecosystem health and mitigate negative environmental impacts.
- Aquatic biology working with sea turtles, sirenia and crocodilians.
- Interfacing with stakeholders and field collection of data to create large scale databases and generate predictive models.
- Providing output to guide rehabilitation centers, administrators and first responders in the management of strandings and other mass morbidity issues post catastrophic environmental events.