Gustavo M. Schuenemann, DVM, MS, PhD
Extension Veterinarian - Dairy
Department of Veterinary Preventive Medicine
Ohio State University Extension-Veterinary Medicine
The Ohio State University
A100S Sisson Hall
1920 Coffey Road
Columbus, Ohio 43210
Professional Training and Experience
- PhD: University of Tennessee, Department of Animal Science, 2008
- MS: University of Tennessee, Department of Animal Science, 2004
- MV (DVM equivalent): Facultad de Ciencias Veterianrias, Universidad Nacional del Centro de la Provincia de Buenos Aires, Tandil, Argentina, 1998
Research and Extension Interests
- Transition dairy cow management with strong emphasis on prevention and a process of continuous improvement (conventional and organic herds).
- Dairy personnel performance management.
- Precision technologies.
- Bovine Theriogenology (VETPREV 7774)
- Dairy Herd Management and Preventive Medicine (VETPREV 7776)
Dr. Gustavo Schuenemann coordinates Extension programs designed to translate research-based knowledge and skills into practical applications for immediate use. Below you will find more details on current programs:
- Ohio Dairy Health and Management Certificate Program (ODHMCP) : a comprehensive educational 3-year program offers advanced research-based knowledge and hands-on opportunities in an intensive face-to-face workshop environment to progressive dairy veterinary practitioners. For more information click here.
- Dairy Personnel School: an educational and training program provides up-to-date research-based knowledge and skills in relevant areas to dairy personnel. Educational workshops are delivered in English & Spanish. For more information click here.
- Precision Dairy Farming Program: an educational program for dairy producers, personnel, and consultants with emphasis on sustainability.