Please read carefully! A few reminders:
- You have to register online before you can attend any of our events. Please do not show up without registering online.
- Vet for a day on Sunday, November 19th is full to capacity.
- The vet for a day on Saturday, November 18th has been cancelled due to the football game. You will not be able to get on campus if you try to attend. Everyone who signed up for the Saturday, November 18th date was notified via email letting them know about the date change.
- Please join our mailing list for future events at: http://vet.osu.edu/mailinglist
- We typically have events for middle and high school students
The Buckeye Vet Prep Academy strives to educate future prospective veterinary students by providing a variety of seminars, lectures and a variety of activities. The academy is led by current veterinarian students dedicated to helping our growing youth build self-confidence, interpersonal skills, self-esteem and advance academic skills through new and exciting experiences.
If you would like to receive information about future events, please join our mailing list at: https://vet.osu.edu/mailinglist
All events are now closed. Please join our mailing list for future events! Thank you!
Buckeye Vet for a Day
Audience: high school(9-12) and middle school students (7-8)
Have you ever wondered what it is like to be a veterinarian? Well, here is your chance! Join the veterinary students at The Ohio State University College of Veterinary Medicine to learn the ins and outs of this exciting profession. Those interested will get the opportunity to tour the Veterinary Medical Center, learn what it takes to get into veterinary college, and best of all, learn hands on skills that veterinarians use every day, including basic surgical techniques, anatomy, clinical pathology, and radiology!
2017 Buckeye Vet for a Day for high school (9-12) and middle school (7-8) students:
- Dates: Sunday, October 1, 2017 and Sunday, November 19, 2017 (date changed due to footbal game on Saturday, November 18)
- Time: 10 am – 3 pm (registration begins at 9:30 am)
- Cost: $45 nonrefundable – you are not officially registered until payment is received.
- To register and details click HERE.(Closed)
Please only register to attend one day. Middle school and high school students will participate in different activities. Both dates are for high school and middle school students. There will no intermingling between the two groups and will be treated as two separate groups.
Other High School Events
2017 OTS Veterinary Explorer's Program
Audience: area high school students
The Veterinary Explorers would like to invite Columbus-area high school students interested in the field of veterinary medicine to join our program for the 2017-2018 academic year! Student members will have the unique opportunity to learn about a career in veterinary medicine from professionals here at The Ohio State University College of Veterinary Medicine.
2017-2018 Membership Fee: $40.00
Click HERE for details.
Buckeye Vet Camp for high school students
Buckeye Exploration Day for college students
The Ohio State University College of Veterinary Medicine is pleased to announce the Buckeye Vet Exploration Day for current undergraduate students interested in pursuing a career in veterinary medicine. Attendees will gain hands-on experience through a variety of labs, tour the veterinary medical center and learn about the veterinary profession, admissions and student life.
For more information about Buckeye Vet Exploration Day click HERE.
Buckeye Vet Camp
We offer a summer vet camp for high school students. For more information, please go to vet.osu.edu/buckeyevetcamp