Ohio State University Extension-Veterinary Medicine
The Ohio State University
A100L Sisson Hall
1920 Coffey Road
Columbus, Ohio 43210
Ph: (614) 292-6924
Fx: (614) 292-4142
Professional Training and Experience
- PhD: University of Tennessee, Department of Animal Science, 2008
- MS: University of Tennessee, Department of Animal Science, 2004
- DVM: Universidad Nacional del Centro, Tandil, Buenos Aires, Argentina, 1998
Research and Extension Interests
- Transition cow management with emphasis on calving-related losses and reproductive performance of dairy cattle (organic and conventional herds).
- Dairy personnel performance.
- Development of dynamic user-friendly risk assessment tools to assist producers and veterinarians with decision-making.
- Bovine Theriogenology (VETPREV 7774)
- Dairy Herd Management and Preventive Medicine (VETPREV 7776)
Dr. Gustavo Schuenemann coordinates Extension programs designed to translate research-based knowledge and skills into practical applications for immediate use. Below you will find more details on current programs:
- Ohio Dairy Health and Management Certificate Program: this comprehensive educational 3-year program offers advanced research-based knowledge and hands-on opportunities in an intensive face-to-face workshop environment to progressive dairy veterinary practitioners. For more information click here.
- Ohio Sustainable Dairy Program (OSDP): this is an educational program for dairy producers (from small to large) and their veterinarians. The OSDP uses on-farm collaborative learning to translate and implement sustainable dairy practices. For more information click here.
- Dairy Personnel School: this educational and training program provides up-to-date research-based knowledge and skills in relevant areas to dairy personnel. Educational workshops are delivered in English & Spanish. For more information click here.
- International Dairy Certificate Program (IDCP): this program offers advanced educational knowledge and hands-on opportunities in an intensive 6-day (from Monday to Saturday) face-to-face workshop for practicing veterinarians and consultants. For more details click here.
- Kristina McDonald, MS (PhD candidate)
- Juan Manuel Piñeiro, DVM, MS (PhD student)
- Bernardo Thomas Menichetti, DVM (MS student)