In response to the current Coronavirus Pandemic, the Veterinary Medical Center has enacted safety measures in alignment with the recommendations of our state and federal health officials. Please see the information below for details on our plan to protect our customers, patients, clinicians and staff as we gradually begin to add appointments.
Clients seeking emergency care are asked to please call ahead to (614) 292-6661. This service is available 24/7.
CURBSIDE SERVICE INFORMATION
Please inform us prior to your arrival if you or anyone in your household is displaying symptoms of COVID-19, such as fever, cough or shortness of breath.
- Farm owner/agents are asked to please call from your vehicle upon arrival. Please do not unload your animal.
- After we receive your arrival call, veterinary hospital team members will meet you and your animal at your vehicle outside the hospital entrance.
- As an added safety precaution, we ask that cloth masks be switched out for disposable medical masks, which are available in our Farm office lobby.
- Only 1 person per animal is permitted to enter the hospital and lobby area to register, unless additional assistance is needed to unload the animal.
- For farm animals with behavioral issues, one owner/agent is allowed to enter the premises for a brief period, until the animal is safely situated and transferred to our care. Additional exceptions will be made relating to animal end-of-life care.
- Post-registration, all communications and treatment authorizations will be conducted via the phone.
- Payments will need to be made by credit card, Care Credit (My Pay Provider) or check. NO CASH WILL BE ACCEPTED.
- After the medical team evaluates your animal, you will be contacted by phone to discuss recommendations and a plan for moving forward. Your consent for treatment and financial estimates will be authorized by phone.
- Updates will be given regularly via phone by a member of your animal’s medical team.
- You may choose to wait in your vehicle for your animal, or choose to leave the premises, until you are called about your animal’s discharge status.
- At discharge, please use the same disposable medical mask, if possible, when entering the lobby.
- With regard to our pharmacy, please call ahead at (614) 292-1010 or use our online refill portal to order and pay for your refills and prescription food. Please call upon arrival and we will deliver to your vehicle. For pharmacy hours, please visit https://vet.osu.edu/vmc/companion/our-services/pharmacy. Please note, no outside prescriptions will be filled by our pharmacy.
- No personal items (e.g. blankets, leads) will be retained in the hospital.
- No visits will be permitted for hospitalized patients.