Internal Medicine Service
The Farm Animal Internal Medicine service at the Veterinary Medical Center at Ohio State provides state of the art medical consultation and intensive care from board-certified large animal internists for farm animals (cattle, sheep, goats, pigs, camelids, and deer).
- Comprehensive Physical Examination
- Advanced Diagnostics such as:
- Parasite Identification
- Consultation with other specialty imaging services such as X-ray, CT scan, and MRI
- Advanced disease testing using our in house pathology, microbiology services or the Ohio Department of Agriculture Animal Disease Diagnostics Laboratory.
- Intensive Care including:
- Hospitalization for provision of 24 hour care and monitoring
- IV fluid administration
- Comprehensive pain management
- Hydro-floatation and sling management for non-abulatory large animals
- Intensive Neonatal Care including:
- Delivery assistance for all farm animal species
- Intensive care and monitoring for neonatal farm animals
- Plasma administration
Appointments & Office Hours
- Office Hours: 10am - 4pm, Monday - Friday
- Appointments strongly recommended.
- For an appointment, please call (614) 292-6661, Ext. 1
- Emergency service: 24 hrs/day, 7 days/week, 365 days/year
- After- hours emergencies: (614) 292-6661
Payment is expected at the time of your visit. Please read the payment policy for complete information.