The Equine Ophthalmology Service at the Veterinary Medical Center at Ohio State offers state-of-the-art ophthalmology service for all equids, including, but not limited to horses, ponies and foals.
- Board certified specialists
- State-of-the-art hospital facilities, including intensive care unit staffed 24 hours/day by certified animal health technicians
- Endoscopic evaluation during treadmill exercise
- See Equine Medicine for consulting boarded specialists
- Support services: diagnostic imaging/radiology, anesthesiology, reproductive care, cardiology
Appointments & Office Hours
Office hours: Monday to Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.
Patient visits by appointment. Emergencies scheduled as needed by owner or referring veterinarian.
For an appointment: (614) 292-6661, ext. 2
After-hour emergencies: (614) 292-6661
What to Expect
See Equine Medicine & Surgery for what to expect.
Special Equipment & Technology
See Equine Medicine & Surgery for complete list.
- Anne Gemensky Metzler, DVM, MS, Diplomate ACVO, Professor- Clinical, Section Head
- Eric Miller, DVM, MS, Diplomate ACVO, Assistant Professor- Clinical
- Georgina Newbold, DVM, DACVO, Assistant Professor- Clinical
Payment is expected at the time of your visit. Please read our payment policy for complete information.
All equine inpatient cases (animals staying overnight at least one night) are required to pay a deposit at the time the animal is admitted to the hospital. Payment is due upon release of an inpatient from the hospital. See Equine Medicine for more information.