The Radiation Oncology Service at Ohio State's Veterinary Medical Center provides radiation therapy for a variety of tumor types in both large and small animal patients. We are the only facility in central Ohio to offer stereotactic radiation therapyand intensity modulated radiation therapy provided by board-certified radiation oncologists. With many treatment options and comprehensive, targeted treatment plans, the radiation oncology service aims to provide the best quality of life and patient care while also embracing advancements in the fields of radiology, oncology, and radiation treatments.
- Board-certified Radiation Oncologists
- State-of-the-art Linear Accelerator and 3D treatment planning system
- Intensity Modulated Radiation Therapy (IMRT)
- Stereotactic Body Radiation Therapy (SBRT)
- In-house animal boarding
- Large animal treatment capability
Appointments & Office Hours
Office hours: 8:00am – 5:00pm, Monday through Friday
Patient visits by appointment only.
For consultation and/or appointment, please call (614) 292-3551 and ask for Radiation Oncology
For consultations email us at OSUVET.Oncology@cvm.osu.edu
What to Expect
If your veterinarian has confirmed the diagnosis of cancer in your pet, have he or she call our hospital and discuss your pet’s case with the Radiation Oncologist. Your veterinarian will then provide you with information such as the recommended treatment protocol, the expectations and cost of the treatment and any potential side effects of the therapy. You are then encouraged to contact the Radiation Oncologist to have any additional questions answered and to schedule an appointment for therapy.
Special Equipment & Technology
- Siemens Oncor Linear Accelerator with photon and electron capability
- 160-leaf Multileaf Collimator for precise tumor targeting
- VarianTM Eclipse 3-dimensional treatment planning software
- 128-slice CT scanner
- 3T MRI
Common Tumors Treated with Radiation Therapy
The following tumors can by treated with radiation therapy. Often surgery or chemotherapy will be recommended as part of the comprehensive treatment for the patient.
- Brain Tumors - all types
- Carcinomas (Thyroid, Anal Sac, etc.)
- Equine Sarcoids
- Mast Cell Tumors
- Nasal Tumors - all types
- Oral Tumors - all types
- Osteosarcoma and other bone tumors
- Peripheral Nerve Sheath Tumors
- Many other tumor types, call for more information
- Eric M. Green, DVM, DACVR (Radiology & Radiation Oncology), Professor- Clinical, Radiology and Integrated Oncology Section Head
- Noopur Desai, B.V.Sc, M.V.Sc (Surgery), DACVR (Radiation Oncology), Assistant Professor -Clinical
- Jillian Walz, DVM (Radiation Oncology Resident, 2nd Year)
- Heather Young, RVT, Service Coordinator
- Erin Mash, RVT
- Cassandra Meaker, RVT
- Nicole Pastorek, RVT
Payment is expected at the time of your visit. Please read our payment policy for complete information.