The Medical Oncology Service at Ohio State's Veterinary Medical Center provides therapy for a variety of tumor types in both large and small animal patients. With many chemotherapeutic treatment options available, the goal of our board-certified medical oncologists is to find the approach that works best for you and your pet.
- Board-certified Medical Oncologists
- Chemo delivery
- In-house animal boarding
Appointments & Office Hours
Office hours: 7:30am – 5:00pm, Monday through Friday
Patient visits by appointment only.
For consultation and/or appointment, please call (614) 292-3551 and ask for Oncology
For consultations email us at OSUVET.Oncology@cvm.osu.edu
What to Expect
If your veterinarian provides an unconfirmed diagnosis of cancer in your pet, have him or her call our hospital and discuss your pet’s case with the Medical Oncologist and to set up a consult. Your veterinarian will need to provide you with copies of your pet's records and any existing imaging (if applicable) prior to your appointment. During your appointment, the Medical Oncologist witll examine and refer to or discuss with the Integrated Oncology team to determine if any additional diagnostic imaging and testing may be warranted. If additional imaging and testing are necessary, your Medical Oncologist will provide the details and discuss available treatment options. Your pet may also qualify for one our clinical trials, which your Medical Oncologist will help identify, as well as discuss with you the benefits of having your pet participating in a trial.
Common Tumors Treated with Chemotherapy
The following tumors can by treated with chemotherapy. Often surgery or radiation therapy will be recommended as part of the comprehensive treatment for the patient.
- Mast Cell Tumors
- Carcinomas (Thyroid, Anal Sac, etc.)
- Osteosarcoma and other bone tumors
- Transitional cell carcinoma
- Mammary gland carcinoma
- Oral tumors - all types
- Many other tumor types, call for more information
- Shay Bracha, DVM, Associate Professor-Clinical
- Rhonda Burge, DVM, Assistant Professor - Clinical
- Brian Husbands, DVM, DACVIM (Oncology), Associate Professor-Clinical, Integrated Oncology Section Head
- Bill Kisseberth, DVM, MS, PhD, DACVIM (Oncology), Professor
- Brian Skock, RVT, Service Coordinator,
- Kristy Warner, RVT
Payment is expected at the time of your visit. Please read our payment policy for complete information.