Please bring your new kitten in as soon as possible after you adopt him/her.
What to bring with you
- Your kitten in a pet carrier
- Kitten treats
- Any previous medical history, i.e. vaccines, deworming, etc.
- Fecal sample less than 24 hours old
Exams will include
- Complete physical exam
- Educational kitten kit with Vaccine/Health Record with tips on kitten care and behavioral concerns (1st exam)
- Flea/tick control
- Heartworm preventative as needed
- Fecal examination for intestinal parasites and appropriate deworming
- Necessary vaccine boosters
- Testing for FeLV/FIV is highly recommended (FeLV: Feline Leukemia Virus FIV: Feline Immunodeficiency Virus)
- FVRCP (prevents Feline Viral Rhinotracheitis, Calicivirus infection and Panleukopenia)
- Administered every 3 to 4 weeks until 16 weeks of age.
- Cats over 12 weeks of age with an unknown vaccination status will be given 2 vaccinations 3-4 weeks apart.
- Rabies vaccine will be administered at 12 weeks of age or older.
- Additional vaccines such as Feline Leukemia Virus (FeLV) will be discussed with you and given based on your kitten's lifestyle and risk.