Benefits of an Academic Veterinary Medical Center
- Largest and most comprehensive veterinary medical center (VMC) in Ohio and surrounding states.
- Provides advanced specialty care for companion animals, equine, and farm animals.
- 24/7 emergency care supported by emergency/critical care specialists and state-of-the-art intensive care units for ill and injured companion animals, farm animals and horses.
- Satellite canine and feline specialty care (Orthopedic surgery, Ophthalmology) and after-hours Urgent Care center (evenings, weekends, holidays) located in Dublin, Ohio.
- Canine and feline primary care available through the Frank Stanton Veterinary Spectrum of Care Clinic, our student-led clinic for 4th Year graduating veterinary students and their clinical faculty coaches.
- Ambulatory care for equine available through our Galbreath Equine Center and the College of Veterinary Medicine's Large Animal Services - Marysville, who also provide farm ambulatory services.
- “One Team” approach to patient speciatly care led by experienced faculty clinician specialists.
- The VMC has over 60 board-certified practitioners in 14 recognized veterinary specialties for companion animal, equine, and farm animals.
- Faculty work with residents, interns, registered veterinary technicians, veterinary assistants, and fourth year veterinary students in partnership with our clients’ primary care veterinarians.
- A one-stop resource for the highest quality, integrated and comprehensive diagnostics and treatment plans.
- Advanced diagnostic technologies and equipment, including digital radiography, ultrasound, multi-detector computed tomography (MDCT), nuclear medicine services, endoscopy, echocardiography, and on site, large bore 3 Tesla MRI.
- World-renowned faculty pioneers and leaders in their respective fields, including authors and editors of authoritative textbooks.
- Clinician-scientists who make meaningful discoveries to advance clinical veterinary medicine.
- Blue Buffalo Veterinary Clinical Trials Office* supports access to the latest advances in veterinary medicine through participation in leading-edge clinical trials, which may include newly developed diagnostic techniques and treatments.
- Availability of an onsite licensed social worker and our Honoring the Bond program which assists clients with treatment planning and end-of-life decisions, and provides compassionate support at no additional cost during diagnosis and treatment.
- Interdisciplinary collaborations--including access to human medical specialists and researchers--enhance advanced patient care through procedures such as interventional medical techniques, comparative oncology, comparative orthopedics and other disciplines.
- "One Health" collaborators include experts from The Ohio State University Medical Center, Comprehensive Cancer Center and Solove Research Institute, Wright Center for Innovation in Biomedical Imaging, Riverside Methodist Hospital, and Nationwide Children’s Hospital.
Specialty and ancillary services for companion animals, farm animals and equine at The Ohio State University Veterinary Medical Center:
- Anesthesiology & Pain Management
- Behavioral Medicine (Companion Animal)
- Canine Rehabilitation & Sports Medicine
- Cardiology & Interventional Medicine
- Comparative Ophthalmology
- Dermatology & Otology
- Diagnostic Imaging/Radiology
- Diagnostic Laboratory Services [Anatomic, Clinical & Renal Pathology, Microbiology, Parasitology]
- Emergency & 24/7 Critical Care
- Equine Sports Medicine
- Integrated Oncology (Medical, Surgical, Radiation)
- Internal Medicine
- Neurology & Neurosurgery
- Surgery (soft tissue/general and orthopedics)
- Theriogenology & Reproductive Medicine
Ohio State University Veterinary Medical Center also offers Primary Care and Urgent Care for dogs and cats and equine ambulatory services. The College of Veterinary Medicine also offers ambulatroy care for equine and farm animals through our Large Animal Services at Marysville.
*Note: Clinical trials managed by the Blue Buffalo Veterinary Clinical Trials Office are independent of the Blue Buffalo company, and do not imply involvement of products or services offered in our clinical trials.