The Ohio State University and the College of Veterinary Medicine are closely and continually monitoring the evolving Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation. As a result, The Ohio State University Veterinary Medical Center hospitals are taking additional precautionary measures by limiting cases being seen to veterinary emergencies, urgent specialty care and after-hour urgent care. No new specialty appointments are being made at this time.
Clients seeking emergency care are asked to please call ahead to (614)292-3551 (dogs/cats) and (614)292-6661 (farm/equine). This service is available 24/7.
For after-hours urgent care (dogs/cats) at our Dublin location, please call (614) 292-3551. Operating hours are M-F: 4pm-11pm and Sat/Sun/Holidays: 11am-11pm.
Please be aware that in order to mitigate the exposure of clients and staff to coronavirus, the VMC has had to implement numerous safety measures:
Please inform us prior to your arrival if you or anyone in the pet’s household is displaying symptoms of COVID-19, such as fever, cough or shortness of breath.
- For all companion and Dublin urgent care clients, please remain in your car at curbside drop off and call to notify us upon arrival.
- Equine and Farm owner/agents are asked to please call from your vehicle upon arrival. Please do not unload your animal.
- After we receive your arrival call, veterinary hospital team members will meet you and your pet or animal at your vehicle outside the individual hospital entrances.
- Only hospital personnel will be allowed to enter the hospitals, unless clients and their pets/animals meet exceptions listed below:
- For farm and some equine cases, and for pets or animals with behavioral issues, one owner/agent is allowed to enter the premises for a brief period, until the pet/animal is safely situated and transferred to our care.Additional exceptions will be made relating to pet/animal end-of-life care
- All registrations, initial deposits, communications, treatment authorizations and discharges will be conducted via the phone.
- Payments will need to be made by credit card, Care Credit (My Pay Provider) or check. NO CASH WILL BE ACCEPTED.
- After the medical team evaluates your animal, you will be contacted by phone to discuss recommendations and a plan for moving forward. Your consent for treatment and financial estimates will be authorized by phone.
- Updates will be given regularly via phone by a member of your pet’s/animal’s medical team.
- You may choose to wait in your vehicle for your pet/animal, or choose to leave the premises, until you are called about your pet/animal’s discharge status.
- If choosing to wait, companion animal owners may wait in your car in the client parking area directly in front of the hospital. Farm and Equine clients may wait in their vehicles in their respective hospital lots. Our Dublin urgent care has a parking lot adjacent to the building.
- At discharge, a medical team member will bring your pet/animal and paperwork to your vehicle at curbside (Companion and Dublin urgent care). Farm and Equine may use garage door entries.
- With regard to our pharmacy, please call ahead at (614) 292-1010 or use our online refill portal to order and pay for your refills and prescription food. Please call upon arrival and we will deliver to your vehicle. For pharmacy hours, please visit https://vet.osu.edu/vmc/companion/our-services/pharmacy. Please note, no outside prescriptions will be filled by our pharmacy.
- No personal items (leashes, collars, leads, toys, blankets) will be retained in the hospital. Cat /small dog carriers are permitted.
- No visits will be permitted for hospitalized patients.
We appreciate your patience and cooperation during these challenging times.