What to Expect Before and When You Arrive
- When you bring your pet to The Ohio State Veterinary Medical Center for specialty or wellness care, a fully-dedicated, compassionate and highly-skilled team of caregivers will devote their time to perform accurate and thorough examinations and communicate their findings and recommendations to improve your animal’s health.
Before your appointment
- Please gather the referral form (provided by your veterinarian), along with any test results, X-rays/ sonograms, and history regarding the health of your pet, and plan to bring them to your appointment.
- If you have any questions about medicating your pet on the day of the appointment, feeding on the day of appointment, or any questions regarding the referral of your pet, please contact your primary care veterinarian. They will be able to advise you and will contact us regarding recommendations.
- Our hospital accepts emergencies 24 hours, 7 days a week, 365 days a year for ill and injured companion animals.
- Our emergency service functions much like that of an emergency or urgent care facility for people. We triage the patients admitted and care for the most critical cases first.
Waiting room time
We pride ourselves in the thoroughness of our advanced care and the education we provide future veterinarians. At times, the wait at our hospital may be longer than that at other veterinary care facilities. Because our veterinarians are also responsible for teaching veterinary students as they work, this sometimes causes appointments to take a little longer. To provide the most comprehensive assessment, your pet may be examined by multiple professionals. Be assured that we will do everything we can to expedite your visit. We encourage you to please let our reception staff know if you have been waiting more than 15 minutes after check-in.
Please download our printable PDFs that can be found in the Your Visit section of each hospital web site (Companion, Farm, Equine and Dublin) for complete information including parking (includes map), services, and payment.