Serving People & Animals
An important part of our mission at the College of Veterinary Medicine is service. Through our clinics and facilities, faculty, students and staff make an impact on people and animals at home and around the world:
- The Veterinary Medical Center is the only comprehensive referral veterinary hospital in Ohio, Kentucky and West Virginia. Veterinary experts treat companion animals (dogs and cats) and all farm animals, and are available 24 hours a day for emergencies.
- Our Galbreath Equine Trauma, Intensive Care and Research Center is one of the premier centers for equine treatment in the nation.
- The Veterinary Medical Center-Dublin, located in Dublin, OH, provides surgery, diagnostics, and 24 hour emergency services for dogs and cats.
- The Marysville Large Animal Service offers ambulatory veterinary services to farms in 17 counties in west-central Ohio.
- The college is the lead institution in the Center for Retrovirus Research.
- The Alice Lloyd Finley Memorial Veterinary Research Farm (Finley Farm), a 133-acre farm in Madison County, serves as a teaching and research farm.
- The 10,000-square foot Marysville Large Animal Services Clinic to supports faculty and clinic services, as well as large animal outpatient facilities and student living quarters.
- The technologically-advanced Veterinary Medicine Academic Building, built in 2003, has more than 97,000 square feet of space, including classrooms, auditoriums, a computer laboratory, research laboratories, administrative space and a library.