Mission of the Wu Lab Research and Training
• Innovative and impactful research
• Enjoyable learning environment
• Rewarding career development
Current Lab Members:
Senior Research Associate (Lab Manager): Corine St. Gelais, PhD
PhD Candidate: Zhihua Qin, MS
PhD Students: Tai-Wei Li, MS; Victoria Maksimova, BS
Postdoctoral Researchers: Serena Bonifati, PhD; Wuxun Lu, PhD; Nagaraja Tirumuru, PhD
Visiting Postdoctoral Scholar: Shuliang Chen, PhD
Research Technologist: Sun-Hee Kim, MS
Recent Awards to the Wu Lab Members
Serena Bonifati, Ph.D.
- Recipient of the OSU Center for RNA Biology Travel Award to attend and present the Frontiers of Retrovirology Conference, Belgium, Sept. 2018
Jenna Antonucci, PhD (graduated in May 2018)
- The C. Glenn Barber Fund Fellowship (2016-2018);
- Poster award winner: The American Society of Microbiology Ohio Branch Meeting (2018);
- Winner, Graduate Student Travel Award, the Department of Microbiology, OSU (2017);
- Travel Awards at the College Research Day and Annual Symposium of Center for RNA Biology at OSU (2016);
- Fellowship from the HHMI Med into Grad Scholar Program (2014-2015);
- The Ohio State University Fellowship (2013-2014).
Shuliang Chen, PhD, Postdoctoral Scholarship from the China Scholar Council (2016-2018);
Karthik M. Kodigepalli, PhD, - Outstanding Poster Award –basic science category at the Annual Comprehensive Cancer Center Scientific Meeting (2017);
- Travel Award, College Research Day, CVM (2017);
Zhihua Qin, MS, Predoctoral Scholarship from the China Scholar Council (2016-2020);
- The C. Glenn Barber Fund Fellowship (Aug 2018- July 2020).
Corine St. Gelais, PhD - Outstanding Staff Service Award, College of Veterinary Medicine (2017);
- The Ohio State University Staff Career Development Grant (2017).
The Wu Lab Alumni
(Previous lab trainees, please contact Li Wu if you would like to include or update your information)
Jenna Antonucci, PhD, Postdoctoral Researcher, Dr. Lee Gehrke’s lab at Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
Jianhua Wang, PhD, Professor, Shanghai Pasteur Institute, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Shanghai, China
Chunsheng Dong, PhD, Professor, Suchoow University, Suzhou, China
Raghavendra Nidhanapati, PhD, Assistant Professor, Indian Institute of Technology Hyderabad, India
Christopher Coleman, PhD, Group Lead, University of Leeds, UK
Suresh de Silva, PhD, Executive Director of Research at Shattuck Labs Inc., NC, USA
Karthik M. Kodigepalli, PhD, Research Scientist, Nationwide Children’s Hospital, Columbus, OH
Alicia Janas-Martindale, MS, Microbiologist, the U.S. Department of Agriculture, IA