The Ohio State University College of Veterinary Medicine invites nominations and applications for the position of Chair, Department of Veterinary Clinical Sciences. The three primary missions of the Department are to benefit society through professional and graduate veterinary medical education, protect animal and human health, and advance medical knowledge through research and scholarship. The college also has the departments of Veterinary Preventive Medicine and Veterinary Biosciences. Our college is proud to be part of the most comprehensive single-campus health sciences center in the United States, consisting of the Colleges of Medicine, Dentistry, Nursing, Optometry, Public Health, Pharmacy, Allied Medical Professions, and a National Institutes of Health-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center. The campus is located in the heart of Columbus, a vibrant urban and suburban community that has all the amenities one would expect from the fifteenth largest city in the country. To learn more about Columbus, visit www.experiencecolumbus.com. For more information on the College of Veterinary Medicine, visit www.vet.osu.edu.
Resources and opportunities include:
- 75 tenure and clinical track faculty in all major disciplines
- A diverse caseload exceeding 33,000 cases per year that supports a strong clinical experience for 4th year veterinary students and high quality clinical residency programs covering the majority of specialties; there are currently 49 residency and 14 intern positions
- The Veterinary Medical System is comprised of five hospitals: the Hummel-Trueman Hospital for Companion Animals, the Hospital for Farm Animals, the Galbreath Equine Center, the Veterinary Medical Center at Dublin and the Ohio State Large Animal Services at Marysville.
- Imaging capabilities for small and large animals includes digital radiography, ultrasound, a new 128- slice helical CT, new nuclear medicine equipment, and a new 3T MRI
- $32M hospital Enhancement and Expansion Project completed September, 2017 provides state-of-the- art facilities for student learning, patient care, client service and clinical research
- The Blue Buffalo Clinical Trials Office facilitates clinical trials for faculty in a variety of disciplines
- An 8,000 sq. ft. technologically advanced Clinical and Professional Skills Simulation Laboratory to be opened mid-2018, funded through the $39M Stanton Foundation gift
- For more information on the department, see http://vet.osu.edu/clinical-sciences
The preferred candidate will have the following:
- DVM or equivalent degree
- Diplomate of an AVMA recognized specialty college
- Demonstrated achievement in teaching, service, scholarship and academic leadership
- Administrative experience, exceptional communication skills, and leadership qualities that facilitate and encourage engagement and faculty development
The Chair is the chief administrative and academic officer of the department, guides policy and provides strategic vision. Although this is primarily an administrative position, limited participation in clinical service, teaching or scholarship is encouraged.
Interested individuals should submit a curriculum vitae, letter of intent, and the names of 5 individuals (with complete contact information) from whom references may be solicited. Faculty academic rank will be determined by qualifications and a distinguished record of scholarly activity. Salary is negotiable. Evaluation of applications will begin December 1, 2017 and will continue until the position is filled. Correspondences should be sent to Dr. Roger Fingland, Executive Associate Dean and Chief Medical Officer, c/o Ms. Sonya Vanarsdale at The Ohio State University, 1900 Coffey Rd., Columbus, Ohio 43210; 614-292-7194; email email@example.com.
The Ohio State University encourages applications from individuals with disabilities, minorities, veterans, and women. EEO/AA employer. The Ohio State University, in an effort to promote the health and well- being of all of its employees, students, and visitors, has chosen to maintain a tobacco-free/smoke-free environment. More information can be found at http://hr.osu.edu/public/documents/policy/policy720.pdf.