Skip to main content


The College of Veterinary Medicine and the Office of Student Financial Aid are committed to providing help and information to our students regarding the financial aid process. The financial aid awarding philosophy of the College of Veterinary Medicine also reflects the college’s commitment to provide financial aid assistance to students in the form of scholarships, grants and loans whenever possible.

All students must apply for financial aid each year by submitting the FAFSA or the Renewal FAFSA at by the priority processing date of February 15. Do not wait until you are admitted to apply for federal aid. Students can apply after the deadline, but doing so will delay the financial aid award notification and may also limit the amount and types of financial aid awarded.

There are three types of federal loans offered to students in the College of Veterinary Medicine. These include the Stafford Loan, Health Professions Student Loan and the Grad/Plus Loan. You can read more about each of these loans at:

The College of Veterinary Medicine is committed to offering students financial resources, loan counseling, and budgeting assistance during their time at Veterinary School. Students may choose to fund their education through a variety of resources, including:

  • Personal or Family Contribution
  • Scholarships
  • Loan Assistance  

Students planning to use Federal Financial Aid must complete the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) online. The priority deadline to complete the FAFSA is February 1st of each academic year. Be sure to include the OSU school code (003090) on your application.

Before filing the FAFSA, you must register for an FSA ID (a username and password you will create in order to log in to any federal aid website). You will be prompted to create your FSA ID on the FAFSA website. The FSA ID will take the place of your federal PIN, if you have created a Personal Identification Number previously.

*International Students may receive federal aid only if they are an eligible non-citizen. If you do not qualify as an eligible non-citizen, then you will not be eligible for federal aid at OSU. You may want to check with your country’s embassy or government office to see if they have any programs or aid available for your international studies.

If you have any questions regarding financial aid, please contact George Lee at Due to FERPA regulations, you must send any financial aid-related emails from your OSU email address. If you send a question or request from a different email address, you will be asked to resend it with an OSU email address. Please be aware that during our peak times (May, August/September, and January) it may take additional time for your question to be answered.