Performing ante-mortem and post-mortem inspection in USDA inspected poultry and red meat plants; pathology; sampling for residue and salmonella, humane handling of red meat and poultry in a slaughter house setting.
Associate Veterinarians and special expertise available
Student will shadow Supervisory Public Health Veterinarian in a slaughter/processing facility:
- Dr. Keith R. Richeson, Park Poultry, Inc. in Canton, OH
- Dr. Vincent Mortem, Ohio Farms Packing in Creston, OH
- Dr. John Ramsburg at Gerber Poultry in Kidron, OH
- USDA training materials, including manuals & computer courses
- Will accompany SPHVs on daily duties in plant
To obtain an insight into the daily duties of a Supervisory Public Health Veterinarian working in a large young chicken slaughter/processing plant and in a veal calf plant.
5 days per week/8 hours per day
USDA, FSIS, IO EST. P-970
1925 30th Street NE
Canton, OH 44705
Ph: 330-455-0241 ext. 3101
Signature On File: Dr. Keith R. Richeson