Assist veterinarian in daily routine, ie medicine and surgery of zoo animals (mammals, birds, reptiles, amphibians), preventative medicine, necropsy, nutrition, training.
Associate Veterinarians and special expertise available
- Maud Lafortune, DMV, MsC, DACZM (UFlorida Residency Zoo Medicine)
- Lauren Howard, DVM, DACZU (Residency Zoo Medicine - California)
- Maryanne Tocidlowski, DVM, DACZM (Residency Zoo Medicine, N.C.)
- Joe Flanagan, DVM, Director of Veterinary Services
- Large library with books & articles
- Access to computer & web
- Daily morning rounds
- Weekly vet rounds
- Accompany vets in rounds in the zoo
- Lab work
- Assist on procedures
- Assist on necropsies
- Give 20 min. presentation at the end of externship
100% of the time, ie 40+ hr/week. We are 4 vets, 4 techs, 4 clinic keeper per 1 veterinary student.
Houston Zoo, Inc.
1315 N. MacGregor
Houston, TX 77030
Signature on file: Maud Lafortune, Associate Veterinarian (DMV, MsC, DACZM)
Updated on: 2/26/2008