Are you planning to apply to the professional DVM program to become a veterinarian? Please go here for more information: https://vet.osu.edu/education/dvm
Application instructions for most of our residency programs through Veterinary Clinical Sciences can be found at http://vet.osu.edu/education/veterinary-clinical-sciences-residency-program.
For students applying to our MS and PhD programs, please consider and complete the following:
BS and/or DVM is required
3.0 GPA for previous undergraduate/professional work
3.3 GPA for previous graduate work
The GRE is required for applicants whose GPA falls below the minimums stated above.
Demonstrated English language proficiency is required for international students from non-English speaking countries unless a degree has been earned from an English-speaking university, and can be demonstrated by submitting one of the following:
• An official score of at least 79 on the internet-based TOEFL
• An official score of at least 7.0 on the International English Language Testing Service (IELTS) exam
• At least 105 on Duolingo's English Test
Please arrange to have your official test scores sent to the OSU Graduate Admissions office. OSU's code is 1592. There is no department code.
A faculty advisor is required for admission to the program. A list of the CVM faculty can be found at https://vet.osu.edu/education/graduate-program-ms-and-phd/training-faculty. Based on faculty research interests, it is appropriate for applicants to contact faculty directly. Additional sources of funding are available on a competitive basis from intramural and extramural sources http://www.vet.ohio-state.edu/212.htm
1. Electronic applications are required of all applicants. Please visit this website to apply: http://gradadmissions.osu.edu/ There is an application fee of US$60 for US citizens, permanent residents or asylees, and US$70 for international applicants. Application instructions can be found here: http://admissions.osu.edu/apps/pdfs/g-info.pdf
2. The following documents are required and should be uploaded with your application. Program staff will have access to uploaded documents.:
- Completed and submitted electronic application form (through the website noted above)
- CV or resume
- Statement of Purpose
- Three letters of recommendation*
- Transcripts from all institutions attended**
*Letters of recommendation may not be emailed directly from the applicant. There are two ways to submit letters of recommendation:
1. Submitted via the online admissions application (recommended)
2. E-mailed directly from the recommender to Shannon Binkley at firstname.lastname@example.org
You have the ability to scan and upload copies of your transcripts with your online application. If you are admitted, you will be required to submit an official set of transcripts to Graduate Admissions prior to enrolling at Ohio State. The College of Veterinary Medicine recommends that you request the official transcript at the time of your acceptance and send to the address noted below. If you are a current or former student at Ohio State, be sure to list Ohio State in the "Previous Education" section and you will not need to submit a transcript for your Ohio State course work.
For U.S. institutions
Electronic: Request that your transcripts be sent electronically from the issuing institution directly to email@example.com
If your institution does not send official electronic transcripts, you may order them to be sent to us. Transcripts must come directly to us from the issuing institution; they cannot come from the applicant, even if they're in a sealed envelope.
Graduate and Professional Admissions
P.O. Box 182004
Columbus, OH 43218-2004
For international institutions
Send copies of international transcripts, diplomas or degree certificates and English translations in sealed university envelopes to:
Graduate and Professional Admissions
The Ohio State University
Student Academic Services Building
281 W. Lane Ave.
Columbus, OH 43210-1132 USA
The college accepts applications all three semesters, and the deadlines for receipt of ALL application materials are as follows:
Autumn: June 15
Spring: October 15
Summer: March 15
Autumn: May 15
Spring: September 15
Summer: February 15
To be considered for a University Fellowship award beginning in Autumn Semester:
Domestic and International Applicants: December 1
You may check the status of your application and monitor receipt of application materials online at the following link: http://appstatus.osu.edu/
For more information, please contact the Graduate Program Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or at (614)247-9243