An opportunity to gain exposure to a wide range of cases in a private equine practice; provides opportunities for hands-on experience as well as case discussions with DVMs & LVTs.
Associate Veterinarians and special expertise available
- Dr. Ann Dwyer, ophthalmology
- Dr. Amy Leibeck, repro, neonatology
- Dr. Celest Boatwright, sports medicine, acupuncture
- Dr. Erica Hutten, sports medicine & dentistry
- Dr. Becky Posner, general medicine
- Dr. Amy Todd, general medicine
- extensive vet text library
- archived journal articles library
- monthly vet meetings with journal club
- assist LVTs with packing trucks, performing labwork & patient care
- assist DVMs with routine & emergency appointments
- restrain horses/foals
- assist with diagnostics & treatments
- participate in case discussions
Varies with seasonal caseload: majority of day (8-12+ hours, 5-7 days/week) spent riding with/assisting DVM; remainder of time spent assisting LVTs/staff.
Yes; futon, small kitchen, full bath in clinic's lounge area.
Genesee Valley Equine Clinic, LLC
925 Chili-Scottsville Road
Scottsville, NY 14546
Signature on file: Dr. Amy Todd