Food Animal Student Symposium
The Food Animal Club is planning a conference for April 2012. Please attend by registering for the event!
About the Club
The Food Animal Club is an active club with weekly morning meetings featuring varied speakers and topics with breakfast provided at every meeting! Whether you have a farm background or you are just a little curious about food animal medicine, the Food Animal Club has a lot to offer! Some meeting topics for this fall are listed below:
- Student externship presentations, including the Zoetis (formally Pfizer Animal Health) Bovine Externships, featuring various clinics throughout the state and across the country
- Learn about swine production medicine with Dr. Monty Moss from the American Association of Swine Veterinarians & National Pork Board
- Dive into the emerging field of aquaculture with Dr. Tiu from the Ohio Center for Aquaculture Development
- Gain valuable ultrasound experience during the Sheep Ultrasound Wetlab
- Cheer on the Buckeyes against Wisconsin, play cornhole, & eat lots of food (what Food Animal Club does best!) during the tailgate party
- Show off your skills in the cornhole tournament
Join Food Animal Club for all of these activities and many more!
Food Animal Club members are also student members of many national veterinary associations including American Association of Bovine Practitioners (AABP), American Association of Swine Veterinarians (AASV), American Association of Small Ruminant Practitioners (AASRP), Academy of Veterinary Consultants (AVC), and Academy of Rural Veterinarians (ARV). Through these associations, student members are presented with opportunities for national conferences, externships, scholarships, and networking.