- There is access to full library of current veterinary books at all four clinics, as well as on-line access to VIN and a variety of veterinary journals.
- There is an active EAC rotating internship program.
- The extern will have access to weekly inter-focused continuing educaiton seminars and journal book club which are typically held at the Gilbert location.
- Students are expected to take initiative and have a sincere interest in emergency medicine.
- They will shadow staff veterinarians and follow incoming and hospitalized cases.
- They may also scrub into surgery and gain experience with interpretation of bloodwork and radiographs.
- It is also expected that the extern pitch in and help with cleaning, organizing and restraint.
Phoenix, AZ 85021
The Emergency Animal Clinics are located in the desert climate of Phoenix and the surrounding area. With breathtaking scenery and beautiful surrounding mountains, there are many outdoor activities available including hiking, fishing, cycling, golf, horseback riding, and camping. There are also my fine shopping areas, museums, and sporting events such as baseball, football, basketball, and hockey.
Some of our current or past interns are happy to answer questions about the internship program. If you would like to speak with them, let us know and we can put you in touch with them.
Gilbert Office: 86 W. Juniper Ave., Gilbert, AZ 85233; Phone: 480-497-0222; Fax: 623-974-7738
Scottsdale Office: 14202 N Scottsdale Rd. Ste. 163, Scottsdale, AZ 85254; Phone: 480-949-8001; Fax: 480-481-0036
Peoria Office: 9875 W. Peoria Ave., Peoria, AZ 85345; Phone: 623-974-1520; Fax: 623-974-7738
Avondale Office: 13034 W. Rancho Santa Fe Blvd. Ste. 101, Avondale, AZ; Phone: 623-385-4555; Fax: 623-385-4556