Be The Model: The 2018-2023 Strategic Plan for the College of Veterinary Medicine
To be the model comprehensive college of veterinary medicine in the world, impacting animal and human health through innovation, collaboration and excellence.
Rooted in the foundational principles of health and wellbeing, diversity and inclusion, advancing partnerships and resource stewardship as well as in alignment with The Ohio State University’s strategic plan, the College of Veterinary Medicine has identified six key goal areas:
- Culture & Sustainability of Our People: Be the learning and working environment of choice within The Ohio State University and the veterinary community. This will be accomplished through a culture and organizational structure that values, supports and empowers our most important resource: our people.
- Advancing Education & Student Success: As part of a comprehensive health sciences university, deliver extraordinary and value-driven education that prepares veterinary professionals to lead the field, advance science and achieve personal fulfillment.
- Innovative & Impactful Research: Be a national and global leader in animal and human health as a top research-funded college of veterinary medicine.
- Referral Veterinary Medical Center of Choice: Be the model for excellence in academic veterinary medicine and the referral center of choice by delivering accessible, cutting-edge care in partnership with referring veterinarians and clients.
- Outreach & Community Engagement: Improve the health of animals and people while promoting positive human-animal interactions throughout our local community, Ohio and globally.
- Operational Excellence: Achieve financial sustainability for the college by focusing on creative solutions to funding challenges while enhancing student, faculty and staff outcomes.
Learn more about our Be The Model Strategic Plan.
View past strategic plans: