- About the College
- Departments & Offices
- Veterinary Hospitals
Connect to Veterinary Medicine: August, 2007 (Special Alumni Reunion Weekend Edition)
Welcome to the August 2007 Special Alumni Reunion Weekend edition of Connect to Veterinary Medicine, the latest news and information from the College of Veterinary Medicine at The Ohio State University.
Ohio State College of Veterinary Medicine Alumni Reunion Weekend
September 6 - 9, 2007
Tickets are still available for all events including football!
Please call Dr. Michelle Harcha in the alumni office 614-292-9296 by August 31 if you want to attend. The host hotel is the University Plaza and rooms are still available. Please call and reserve your room today. Their phone number is: (877) 677-5292.
Highlights of the Alumni Reunion Weekend
Thursday, September 6, 2007
- Continuing Education
- 4 CE hours, $50
- 12:30 - 7:00pm
- Registration: 12:30pm
- Concurrent presentations: 1:00 - 4:00pm
- Concurrent presentations will cover emerging topics in Small Animal Medicine and Surgery; Farm Animal Medicine and Surgery; and Equine Medicine and Surgery, and will feature faculty from the College of Veterinary Medicine.
- Keynote presentation: 4:00 - 5:00pm
- The keynote presentation features Alumnus Dr. Ron Lyman (DVM '77), "Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy in Veterinary Medicine."
- Wine, cheese and chocolate tasting: 5:00 - 7:00pm
Friday, September 7, 2007
- Alumni Class Reunions
- Featuring the classes of 1947, 1957, 1967, 1977, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2002
- 4:00 - 6:00pm
- Reception, Silent Auction, and Fish Bowl Raffle
- Banquet Buffet
- Buckeye Hall of Fame Café
- 1421 Olentangy River Road
- Live Auction
- The annual auction is the single biggest fund-raiser for the Alumni Society. Money raised supports student scholarships and projects to aid the college, ranging from student orientation programs, audio-visual equipment, renovations and even faculty and student research. Many auction items can be viewed online at the auction website. If you see an item you are interested in, and are unable to attend the auction, you are welcome to submit a silent bid by filling out the form and sending it to Dr. Michelle Harcha at harcha [dot] 2 [at] osu [dot] edu, or College of Veterinary Medicine, Alumni Services, 127E VMAB, 1900 Coffey Rd. Columbus OH 43210, before August 31.
- You can still contribute additional auction items!
- Items can be brought to the Buckeye Hall of Fame Café on the day of the auction. Please send us a description and photo so we can add your item to the website. Please let us know by August 31 so that table space for your item may be reserved at the Buckeye Hall of Fame Café. An auction donation form is available online or you can email Dr. Michelle Harcha at harcha [dot] 2 [at] osu [dot] edu.
Saturday, September 8, 2007
- Veterinary Medicine Alumni Society Board Meeting
- 8:00 - 9:30am
- Join your board members at the annual membership meeting being held in the Wexner Auditorium in the Veterinary Medicine Academic Building. Proposals submitted by faculty and students for "Projects to Aid the College" will be discussed, along with other Alumni Society business.
- "State of the College" address with Dean Thomas J. Rosol
- 9:30 - 10:00am
- Hear about the latest accomplishments of our faculty and staff, plus get an early introduction to the campaign to build a new small animal hospital
- Barbecue and Tailgate Party
- 10:00 - noon
- Mingle with your classmates, colleagues and college personnel
- Ohio State Buckeyes vs. the Akron Zips
- Kickoff is at noon
- Go Bucks!