The Ohio State University
466 Veterinary Medical Academic Building
1900 Coffey Road
Columbus, Ohio 43210
Ph: (614) 292-5408
Fx: (614) 292-6473
Professional Training and Experience
- Professor with tenure, The Ohio State University (2014- Present)
- Associate Professor with tenure, The Ohio State University (2009-2014)
- Assistant Professor (tenure-track), Medical College of Wisconsin (2005-2009)
- Postdoctoral Research: National Cancer Institute, NIH (2000-2005)
- PhD: Shanghai Medical College, Fudan University, China (1997-2000)
- MS: Lanzhou Institute of Biological Products, China (1994-1997)
- Molecular and cellular mechanisms of HIV replication and viral pathogenesis.
- HIV interactions with host factors including proteins and nucleic acids.
- Functions of the host protein SAMHD1 in cancer biology.
Selected Awards and Honors
2013 Pfizer (Zoetis) Award for Research Excellence, College of Veterinary Medicine, Ohio State University
2015 Charles C. Capen Teaching Excellence Award for Graduate Education, College of Veterinary Medicine, Ohio State University
2017 Elected Fellow of the American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS)