Dear Alumni and Friends,
I am excited to announce that we collectively nearly doubled our college campaign goal of $75 million by raising over $136 million from over 12,600 donors. The campaign is proof that amazing things can happen when we come together as a team.
Because of everyone’s collective hard work, dedication, and commitment to our beloved college, we are emerging as a pre-eminent institution, a premier destination for veterinary medical education and veterinary medical care, and a place where our people can be successful and have a lasting impact on our community and profession. The contributions from the campaign will reverberate for generations. Some of our highlights and accomplishments during the "But for Ohio State" capital campaign incude the following:
- An increase of the endowment by over $42 million
- Established three new endowed chairs and one professorship
- Expanded support for the Veterinary Clinical Trials Office with a $6 million naming gift from Blue Buffalo
- The Stanton Foundation gave $39 million. The gift will help to establish the "Building Preeminence in Veterinary General Practice Education" program
- Over $24 million raised for the Veterinary Medical Center Enhancement and Expansion project
- Over $10 million has been raised in scholarships including the establishment of 18 endowed scholarships with pledges for 9 other
Although important, it isn’t the amount raised but rather the impact the generous investment will have on our program and the lives and careers of many people and the health and lives of animals.
On behalf of all current and future students, faculty, staff and clients (and of course our patients), I would like to extend a heartfelt THANK YOU for all that you have done and continue to do for our college, and I look forward to partnering with you as we continue to build on the current momentum we have at the college.
Rustin M. Moore, DVM, PhD, Diplomate ACVS
Dean, College of Veterinary Medicine