Mission, Vision and Values
Discovery. Outreach. Education. Service.
Creating a healthy and sustainable world for animals and people.
To benefit society and enhance the health and well-being of animals, people, and the ecosystem through innovation in education, research, patient care, outreach and service
The College of Veterinary Medicine will be the leading national and global learning community for veterinary and comparative medicine where:
- We prepare students for careers of excellence;
- We promote interdisciplinary collaboration through partnerships with the agricultural and biomedical communities;
- Faculty and staff work collaboratively to study and solve problems of significance, create and share new knowledge, and advance both veterinary and human medicine;
- We deploy a team-based health care system as the model for tertiary care for animals;
- We collectively advance the understanding of the power of the human-animal relationship and its health benefits for people and animals alike; and,
- Alumni and trainees become the next generation of global leaders who also understand the importance of civic responsibility and the role of veterinarians in the community.
Our Shared Values
We are committed to:
- Integrity and Personal Accountability
- Diversity in People and Ideas
- Transparency and Trust
- Empathy and Compassion