- About the VMC
- Pet Owners
- Farm Animal Owners
- Horse Owners
- Clinical Trials Office
The Radiation Oncology Service at the Veterinary Medical Center at Ohio State provides radiation therapy for a variety of tumor types in both large and small animal patients.
- Board certified Radiation Oncologist
- State-of-the-art 3-dimensional treatment planning system
- Linear Accelerator
- In-house boarding for patients
- Large animal treatment capability
Appointments & Office Hours
Office hours: 7:30am – 5:00pm, Monday through Friday
Patient visits by appointment only.
For an appointment: (614) 292-3551 ask for Radiation Oncology
For consultations email us at OSUVETRadiationOncology [at] cvm [dot] osu [dot] edu
What to Expect
If your veterinarian has confirmed the diagnosis of cancer in your pet, have he or she call our hospital and discuss your pet’s case with the Radiation Oncologist. Your veterinarian will then relay to you such information as the recommended treatment protocol, the expectations and cost of the treatment and any potential side effects of the treatment. You are then encouraged to contact the Radiation Oncologist to have any additional questions answered and to schedule an appointment for therapy.
Special Equipment & Technology
- Siemens Mevatron Linear Accelerator with photon and electron capability.
- Oncentra 3-dimensional treatment planning computer
- CT scanner
Common Conditions & Procedures
The following tumors listed can by treated with radiation therapy. Often surgery or chemotherapy will be recommended as part of the comprehensive treatment for the patient.
- Nasal tumors – all types
- Brain tumors – all types
- Oral tumors – all types
- Osteosarcoma and other bone tumors
- Mast cell tumors
- Peripheral nerve sheath tumors
- Equine Sarcoids
- Many other tumor types, call for more information
- Eric M. Green, DVM, DACVR (Radiology and Radiation Oncology)
Clinical Associate Professor
- Amanda Warchol, RVT
- Nicole Pastorek, RVT
Payment is expected at the time of your visit. Please read our payment policy for complete information.