- About the VMC
- Pet Owners
- Farm Animal Owners
- Horse Owners
- Clinical Trials Office
Please bring your new puppy in as soon as possible after you adopt him/her.
What to bring with you
- Your puppy on a leash
- Puppy treats
- Any previous medical history, i.e. vaccines, deworming, etc.
- Fecal sample less than 24 hours old
Exams will include
- Complete physical exam
- Educational puppy kit with Vaccine/Health Record with tips on puppy care and behavioral concerns (1st exam)
- Flea/tick control
- Heartworm preventative as needed
- Fecal examination for intestinal parasites and appropriate deworming
- Necessary vaccine boosters
- Distemper Vaccine (Distemper Adenovirus Parvo and Parainfluenza vaccination)
- Administered every 3 to 4 weeks until 16 weeks of age.
- Dogs over 12 weeks of age with an unknown vaccination status will be given 2 vaccinations 3-4 weeks apart.
- Rabies vaccine will be administered at 12 weeks of age or older.
- Additional vaccines such as Kennel Cough (bordetella) and Lepto (Leptosporosis) will be discussed with you and given based on your puppy's lifestyle and risk.
The college offers a puppy class that we strongly recommend for all pups, that is held here at the college.