- About the VMC
- Pet Owners
- Farm Animal Owners
- Horse Owners
- Clinical Trials Office
Oncology and Hematology
The Oncology/Hematology Service at the Veterinary Medical Center at Ohio State provides comprehensive diagnostics and treatment for companion animals with cancer and hematologic diseases.
- Experience in managing patients with advanced and metastatic cancer and in routinely managing patients with hematological disorders.
- Access to investigational clinical studies for specific diseases or tumors.
Appointments & Office Hours
Office hours (7:30am to 4:30pm)
- Mondays - Thursday: Chemotherapy appointments and re-checks
- Monday - Thursday: New patients
- Monday - Friday: Emergencies
Patient visits are by appointment only.
- Emergencies will be seen as scheduled through referring veterinarians. For an appointment please call (614) 292-3551.
- After hour and weekend emergencies: (614) 292-3551.
What to Expect
Clients who are visiting the Oncology Service for the first time with their pet should expect to spend several hours or more with us. This is due to the fact that many of our first-time patients require diagnostic tests that either have to be scheduled with other services in the medical center, such as radiographs and ultrasounds, or take time to obtain the results, such as blood tests.
Special Equipment & Technology
The Veterinary Medical Center at Ohio State University has numerous diagnostic capabilities that are utilized by the Oncology Service on a regular basis. These include computed tomography (CT), magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), polymerase chain reaction (PCR), immunohistochemistry, and flow cytometry, among others.
Common Conditions & Procedures
The Oncology/Hematology Service treats many types of cancer. Some of the most common are lymphoma, osteosarcoma, transitional cell carcinoma, mammary gland carcinoma, mast cell tumor, melanoma, fibrosarcoma and leukemia, among others. We also evaluate and treat patients with hematologic diseases such as immune-mediated anemia, immune-mediated thrombocytopenia, and bone marrow disorders.
Clinicians, Residents, and Staff
Medical Oncology Group:
- Megan Breit, DVM (Oncology Resident 2nd Year)
- Megan Brown, DVM (Oncology Resident 1st Year)
- Tasheena Ebert, RVT (Oncology)
- Heather Gardner, DVM (Clinical Trials Intern)
- Joelle Fenger, DVM (Oncology Resident 3rd Year)
- Stacey Gallant, RVT
- Bill Kisseberth, DVM, PhD, DACVIM (Oncology)
- Cheryl London, DVM, PhD, DACVIM (Oncology)
- Francisco Clemente Vicaro, Ldo, Veterinarian, MS (Oncology Resident 1st Year)
- Kentee Warner, RVT (Oncology)
Radiation Oncology Group:
- Eric Green, DVM, DACVR (Radiology and Radiation Oncology)
- Nicole Pastorek, RVT
- Amanda Warchol, RVT
Payment is expected at the time of your visit. Please read our payment policy for complete information.