- About the VMC
- Pet Owners
- Farm Animal Owners
- Horse Owners
- Clinical Trials Office
Oncology and Hematology
The Oncology/Hematology Service at Ohio State’s Veterinary Medical Center provides comprehensive diagnostics and treatment for large and small animal patients with cancer or blood diseases.
- Experience in managing pets with advanced and metastatic cancer.
- Experience in routinely managing animals with hematological (blood) disorders.
- Access to investigational clinical studies for specific diseases or tumors.
Appointments & Hours
Patient visits are by appointment only.
Office hours: 7:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
- Monday - Friday: Chemotherapy appointments and re-checks
- Monday - Thursday: New patients
- Emergencies will be seen as scheduled through referring veterinarians. For an appointment please call (614) 292-3551.
- After hour and weekend emergencies: (614) 292-3551.
Common Conditions & Procedures
The Oncology/Hematology Service treats many types of cancer. Some of the most common are lymphoma, osteosarcoma, transitional cell carcinoma, mammary gland carcinoma, mast cell tumor, melanoma, fibrosarcoma and leukemia, among others. We also evaluate and treat patients with hematologic diseases such as immune-mediated anemia, immune-mediated thrombocytopenia, and bone marrow disorders.
What to Expect
Clients who are visiting the Oncology Service for the first time with their pet should expect to spend several hours or more with us. This is due to the fact that many of our first-time patients require diagnostic tests that either take time to obtain the results, such as blood tests, or have to be scheduled with other services in the medical center, such as radiographs and ultrasounds.
Special Equipment & Technology
The Veterinary Medical Center at Ohio State University has numerous diagnostic capabilities that are utilized by the Oncology Service on a regular basis. These include computed tomography (CT), magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), polymerase chain reaction (PCR), immunohistochemistry, and flow cytometry, among others.
Clinicians, Residents, and Staff
Medical Oncology Group:
- Megan Brown, DVM (Oncology Resident, 2nd Year)
- Joelle Fenger, DVM (Oncology Resident)
- Stacey Gallant, RVT
- Bill Kisseberth, DVM, PhD, DACVIM (Oncology)
- Cheryl London, DVM, PhD, DACVIM (Oncology)
- Francisco Clemente Vicaro, Ldo, Veterinarian, MS (Oncology Resident 1st Year)
- Emma Warry, BVSc (HONS)
- Heather Young, RVT
- Nicole Pastorek, RVT
Radiation Oncology Group:
- Eric Green, DVM, DACVR (Radiology and Radiation Oncology)
- Amanda Warchol, RVT
Payment is expected at the time of your visit. Please read our payment policy for complete information.