- About the VMC
- Pet Owners
- Farm Animal Owners
- Horse Owners
- Clinical Trials Office
The Equine Field Service at the Veterinary Medical Center at Ohio State offers on-farm primary equine care in the greater Columbus area.
- Primary care equine services
- On-farm facilities, including access to state-of-the-art hospital and intensive care unit staffed 24 hours/day by certified animal health technicians.
- See Equine Medicine and Surgery for consulting boarded specialists
- Support services: diagnostic imaging/radiology, ophthalmology, anesthesiology, reproductive care, cardiology
Appointments & Office Hours
- Office hours: Monday to Friday, 7:30am to 6pm, Saturday 8am to noon.
- Patient visits by appointment. Emergencies scheduled as needed by owner or referring veterinarian.
- For an appointment: (614) 292-6661, ext. 2
- After-hour emergencies: (614) 292-6661
What to Expect
See Equine Medicine and Surgery for what to expect.
Special Equipment & Technology
See Equine Medicine and Surgery for complete list.
- Matthew Brokken, DVM, ACVS, Clinical Assistant Professor
- Chrissie Pariseau Schneider, DVM, MS, Clinical Instructor
Michelle Bucci, DVM
Naomi Chiero, DVM
Payment is expected at the time of your visit. Please read our payment policy for complete information.
All equine inpatient cases (animals staying overnight at least one night) are required to pay a deposit at the time the animal is admitted to the hospital. Payment is due upon release of an inpatient from the hospital. See Equine Medicine and Surgery for more information.