- About the VMC
- Pet Owners
- Farm Animal Owners
- Horse Owners
- Clinical Trials Office
The Equine Field Service based out of The Ohio State University Veterinary Medical Center offer on-farm care for the greater Columbus area. We strive to provide exceptional general and specialty care to your horse. Whether you have a show horse, pleasure horse, or a pasture pet we want to bring the best in veterinary care to keep your equines healthy and happy.
- Primary care equine services
- On-farm facilities, including access to state-of-the-art hospital and intensive care unit staffed 24 hours/day by certified animal health technicians.
- See Equine Medicine and Surgery for consulting boarded specialists
- Support services: diagnostic imaging/radiology, ophthalmology, anesthesiology, reproductive care, cardiology
Appointments & Office Hours
- Appointments: (614) 292-6661 ext. 2
- Office hours: Monday to Friday, 7:30am to 5pm
- Patient visits by appointment on Monday-Friday between 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. Saturday appointments may be made at the descretion of the clinician.
- Emergencies: (614) 292- 6661
- A veterinarian is available for emergencies 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
What to Expect
See Equine Medicine and Surgery for what to expect.
Special Equipment & Technology
See Equine Medicine and Surgery for complete list.
- Matthew Brokken, DVM, ACVS, Clinical Assistant Professor
- Chrissie Pariseau Schneider, DVM, MS, Clinical Instructor
Michelle Bucci, DVM
Naomi Chiero, DVM
Payment is expected at the time of your visit. Please read our payment policy for complete information.
All equine inpatient cases (animals staying overnight at least one night) are required to pay a deposit at the time the animal is admitted to the hospital. Payment is due upon release of an inpatient from the hospital. See Equine Medicine and Surgery for more information.