Comparative Theriogenology and Reproductive Medicine Services
The Theriogenology and Reproductive Medicine Service at the VMC will offer assisted reproductive services for small animal, food and fiber, and equine patients.
- Artificial insemination using fresh, chilled, or frozen semen
- Embryo Transfer
- Breeding soundness examinations
- Semen cryopreservation (freezing)
- Advanced reproductive ultrasonography
- State-of-the-art semen analysis
- Pregnancy determinations
- Management of high-risk pregnancies (including monitoring and assisted parturition)
Appointments & Office Hours
Office hours: By appointment Monday – Friday;
To make an appointment, please call: (614)-292-7397
What to Expect
During your visit, your animal will be well-cared for by our medical team, which consists of a board-certified faculty member, a resident, a fourth year veterinary student, and a registered animal health technician.
- Advanced reproductive ultrasonography and microscopy
- Computer-assisted semen analysis and freezing
- Other equipment necessary for the collection, evaluation, packaging, sending or freezing of semen or for artificial insemination or other reproductive techniques or diagnostic procedures.
- Marco Coutinho da Silva, DVM, MS, PHD, DACT, Associate Professor - Clinical
- Erin Runcan, DVM, DACT, Assistant Professor-Practice
- Tessa Fiamengo, DVM
- Aubrey Burwell, RVT, Program Coordinator
Read more about Theriogenology and Reproductive Medicine at Ohio State Veterinary Medical Center