This page will list articles our faculty and staff have found to be relevant to the health of equine animals. Please refer to this list frequently as we will be posting new articles monthly.
You will need Adobe Reader to view these articles.
- Flexural Deformities
- Dr. Elizabeth Santschi discusses treatment of flexural deformities in the young foal
- Equine Colic
- Dr. Margaret Mudge discusses what you can do to prevent colic in your horse
- Normal Foal Delivery
- Dr. Phoebe Smith discusses normal parturition parameters of the mare and newborn foal
- Equine Laminitis
- Dr. Jim Belknap discusses how to manage and prevent Laminitis (Founder) in your horses
- Equine Sarcoids
- Drs. Yvonne Elce and Eric Green discuss 'sarcoids', one of the most common skin tumors in the horse