Brooke Burton discovered Dennis, a 6-year-old miniature dachshund, in 2013. Dennis had been in the care of Burton's relative, who had been over-feeding the dog with an extremely unhealthy mix of human foods, leaving Dennis at a shocking 56 pounds. He could barely walk.
One lucky dog is home safely, thanks to observant owners and the Emergency and Critical Care staff at the Ohio State Veterinary Medical Center. Tank, a 4-year-old pit-bull, had been acting strangely with symptoms such as panting and a decreased appetite. Tank’s owners Mesanique Smith and Amekia Roach began Googling his symptoms – and realized they matched ingestion of rat poison, a lethal substance for dogs. After three days of treatment in the Intensive Care Unit of the VMC, Tank was released. “We’re just glad he’s okay and coming home,” Smith said.
Clinical Basic Services
Clinical Support Services