When Phoebe, a 23-month-old cat from Missouri, took a few nibbles of a lily plant, her owners didn’t think a thing. Unfortunately neither Phoebe nor her owners were aware of the dire consequences that would ensue.
Lilies are highly toxic to cats when ingested, and if not treated immediately can be fatal in as little as 72 hours. Lily poisoning, particularly from plants of the Lilium or Hemerocallis genera, causes rapid kidney failure.
Fox28's Good Day Marketplace crew got a sneak peek of the brand new Intensive Care Unit located in the Hospital for Companion Animals. They also interviewed the new Dean of the College of Veterinary Medicine, Dr. Rustin Moore, and learned about the new MRI for animal patients of all sizes. View the video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAF8Yo26jM4&index=1&list=PLVJHjLYVOrAgW5A1FxMC3FBOXESe9WO21
Clinical Basic Services
Clinical Support Services