What is VetStar?
- Vetstar is the hospital information system (HIS) used within the OSU Veterinary Medical Center (VMC). Much like a human medical system, Vetstar is the core computing system that helps us manage our client and patient data, clinical services, pharmacy, and client billing. VADDS is the laboratory information system (LIS) integrated with Vetstar that is used to manage laboratory test data.
- Vetstar is one of the two most popular systems used among colleges and schools of veterinary medicine in the United States.
How do I get a Vetstar user account?
- All DVM students are provided a Vetstar account at the start of their fourth year clinical rotations.
- Faculty, staff and VMC student employees must complete the software resources section of the CVM Domain User Account Application form with their supervisor's signature and submit the form to the VIS Help Desk in VMC room 0082.
- All new Vetstar users, including DVM students, must complete the Vetstar eLearning modules on Carmen before receiving their user accounts and passwords.
- See instructions for enrolling in Vetstar training on Carmen.
- Vetstar training modules for review.
How do I create PDF documents from Discharge Summaries?
- For instructions on creating PDF documents from Discharge Summaries, click on the link below for the appropriate platform of your workstation: