- From the Inbox, click on Tools | Out of Office Assistant to display the Out of Office Assistant dialog box.
- In the "AutoReply only once to each sender with
the following text"box, type the information you wish to give to
- Click on theI'm currently Out of the Office radio button to
activate the Out of Office Assistant.
- Click on the OK button.
Out of Office AutoReplies should never mention a holiday or similar reason for
being unable to answer the message promptly. If you are a staff member, your
text should contain the following types of information:
- The date you will return to the office
- If and when you will be accessing your email while you are away from the School
- If possible, the name and contact details of a colleague who can deal with enquiries in your absence. Remember to confirm with your colleague that they agree to do this, and don't assume they will be able to deal with all your enquiries. If you cannot find a colleague to point to please be sure to inform your direct supervisor accordingly.