- Secure Sockets Layer - a connection which encrypts data sent back and forth between the web browser and server
- Virtual Private Network - a secure method of using public infrastructure (namely the internet) to provide remote access to an organization's network
- Be sure your computer is MCSS compliant
- Have an internet connection
- Have SSL-VPN permissions granted to your cvm user account (request through vishelp [at] cvm [dot] osu [dot] edu)
Use the following directions to create remote desktop bookmarks, and connect to the CVM network using the VPN.
From this point, file access will be similar to access via a fixed LAN