- A.J. Gemensky-Metzler, V.J. Kuonen, D.A. Wilkie, C.M.H.
Colitz, S.E. Weisbrode. Immediate histologic effect of diode laser transscleral
cyclophotocoagulation (TSCP) on the glaucomatous equine eye. This study is
evaluating the immediate histologic effect of diode laser application on
the ciliary body in the glaucomatous equine eye.
- Chandler H, Gemensky-Metzler A, Bras ID, Robbin-Webb, Saville, W., Colitz CMH. In-vivo effects of tetracycline on non-healing corneal erosions. This study compared the rate of corneal ulcer healing between groups treated with topical or systemic tetracyclines compared to those treated with non-tetracycline antibiotics and found a beneficial effect of tetracyclines in promoting corneal epithelialization.
- Morreale, RJ, Wilkie DA, Gemensky AJ, Weisbrode SE, Colitz
CMH, Willis AM. Histological effect of semiconductor diode
laser transscleral cyclophotocoagulation on the normal equine eye. Veterinary
Ophthalmol 2007; 10(2):84-92. By histologic evaluation, this study determined
the appropriate anatomic sites and energy duration settings for application
of diode laser energy to affect the ciliary body of the normal equine eye.
- Stone SG, Wilkie DA, Colitz CMH, Metzler AG. Capsular tension ring (CTR) effect on canine lens epithelial cell proliferation and migration ex-vivo. on prevention of posterior capsular opacification (PCO) following cataract surgery. Vet Ophthalmol 2006;9(6):417. This study is also evaluating the effects of the CTR in prevention of posterior capsular opacification after cataract surgery in dogs.
- Bras ID, Colitz CMH, Saville WJA, Gemensky-Metzler AJ, Wilkie DA. Posterior capsular opacification in diabetic and non-diabetic patients
following cataract surgery. Veterinary
Ophthalmol 2006;9(5):317-327. This study evaluated
the effects of age, stage of cataract and diabetes mellitus on the level
of posterior capsule opacification in dogs with diabetic and inherited cataracts.
- Gemensky-Metzler AJ, Wilkie DA, Colitz CMH, Bras ID, Morreale
RJ, Norris KA, Elliott R. Electroretinographic and demographic findings in
dogs presented for cataract surgery (1998-2003). Invest Ophthalmol Vis
Sci 2004;45:1592. This study evaluated electroretinographic (ERG) values
and established normal means for various breeds of dogs affected by inherited
and diabetic cataracts and evaluated the effect of age, breed and diabetes
mellitus and will evaluate the effect of stage of cataract on ERG values.
- Gemensky AJ, Wilkie DA, Yamagata M, Willis AM, Miller
TL. Changes in equine ocular flora following experimental application of
antibiotic and antibiotic-corticosteroid ophthalmic preparations. Vet
Ophthalmol 2:259, 1999. This study identified the composition of the
normal ocular flora of horses in Ohio and evaluated the effect of application
of antibiotic and antibiotic corticosteroids on the ocular flora.
- V.J. Kuonen, A.J. Gemensky-Metzler, D.A. Wilkie, C.M.H.
Colitz, S.E. Weisbrode. Long-term histologic effect of diode laser transscleral
cyclophotocoagulation (TSCP) on the normal equine eye. This study evaluated
the long-term effects of diode laser application on the normal equine ciliary
body and intraocular pressure at 2 weeks, 4 weeks, 12 weeks and 24 weeks.
- JS Mattoon, M Rose, DA Wilkie, A Gemensky-Metzler. Ultrasound
biomicroscopy of the anterior segment after phacoemulsification and intraocular
lens implantation. This study utilized 50 MHz ultrasound biomicroscopy
to measure the iridocorneal angle prior to and immediately following cataract
surgery to evaluate for a correlation with postoperative ocular hypertension.