- About the College
- Departments & Offices
- Veterinary Hospitals
Books and Book Chapters
- Bolon B and Butt M (2011). Fundamental Neuropathology for Pathologists and Toxicologists: Principles and Techniques. John Wiley & Sons, Hoboken, NJ.
Peer Reviewed Articles
- Bolon B, Stolina M, King C, Middleton S, Gasser J, Zack D, Feige U (2011). Rodent preclinical models for developing novel anti-arthritic molecules: comparative biology and preferred methods for evaluating efficacy. J Biomed Biotechnol doi:10.1155/2011/569068, 21 pp [invited review].
- Bolon B, Bradley A, Garman RH, Krinke GJ (2011). Useful toxicologic neuropathology references for pathologists and toxicologists. Toxicol Pathol 39: 234-239.
- Bolon B, Bradley A, Butt M, Jensen K, Krinke G, Mellon RD (2011). Compilation of international regulatory guidance documents for neuropathology assessment during nonclinical toxicity studies. Toxicol Pathol 39: 92-96.
- Zou X,1 Bolon B,1 Pretorius JK, Kurahara C, McCabe J, Christiansen KA, Sun N, Duryea D, Foreman O, Senaldi G, Itano AA, Siu G (2009). Neonatal death in mice lacking cardiotrophin-like cytokine (CLC) is associated with multifocal neuronal hypoplasia. Vet Pathol 46: 514-519. [1Equal contributors]
- Bolon B (2008). Whole mount enzyme histochemistry as a rapid screen at necropsy for expression of ß-galactosidase (LacZ)-bearing transgenes: Considerations for separating specific LacZ activity from non-specific (endogenous) galactosidase activity. Toxicol Pathol 36: 265-276.
- Bolon B, Garman R, Jensen K, Krinke G, Stuart B (2006). A 'best practices' approach to neuropathologic assessment in developmental neurotoxicity testing – for today. Toxicol Pathol 34: 296-313. [STP position paper]
- Bolon B (2004). Genetically engineered animals in drug discovery and development: A maturing resource for toxicologic research. Basic Clin Pharmacol Toxicol 95: 154-161. [Invited review]
- Bolon B, Jing S, Asuncion F, Scully S, Pisegna M, Van G, Hu Z, Yu YB, Min H, Wild K, Rosenfeld RD, Tarpley J, Carnahan J, Duryea D, Hill D, Kaufman S, Yan X-Q, Juan T, Christensen K, McCabe J, Simonet WS (2004). The candidate neuroprotective agent artemin induces autonomic neural dysplasia without preventing peripheral nerve dysfunction. Toxicol Pathol 32: 275-294. [Best paper award for an article in Vet Pathol 2004.]
- Kostenuik P,1 Bolon B,1 Morony S, Daris M, Geng Z, Carter C, Sheng J (2004). Gene therapy with human recombinant osteoprotegerin (OPG) reverses established osteopenia in ovariectomized mice. Bone 34:656-664 [1Equal contributors]