- About the College
- Veterinary Medical Center
- Departments & Offices
Veterinary Preventive Medicine International Programs
Our mission is to promote and enhance international partnerships through research, teaching, and service (outreach programs) in various areas of veterinary preventive medicine (i.e., food safety, reproductive biotechnology, zoonoses, and other relevant public health areas); and to foster strategic partnerships to fulfill the internationalization mission of the University.
- Dr. Wondwossen A. Gebreyes (Leader)
gebreyes [at] cvm [dot] osu [dot] edu
- Dr. Bayleyegn Molla (Coordinator)
molla [dot] 7 [at] osu [dot] edu
Program Faculty Advisors
- Wondwossen A. Gebreyes, DVM, PhD, Diplomate ACVPM; Professor
- Educational and research interests include capacity building in infectious diseases, molecular epidemiology, food safety, and antimicrobial resistance of foodborne and nosocomial pathogens. Current international activities involve Eastern Africa, Latin America (Brazil), and Southeast Asia (Thailand). Dr. Gebreyes is currently the Director of Global Health Programs for College of Veterinary Medicine and the Director of the Infectious Diseases Molecular Epidemiology Laboratory (IDMEL).