- About the College
- Veterinary Medical Center
- Departments & Offices
Annual Open House
Saturday, April 5, 2014
9 a.m. – 3 p.m. (rain or shine)
Regristration for the 2013 Annual Open House has closed. Please check back soon for 2014 registration.
This is a free event to the public, but we are asking each person to donate cat or dog feed. Pet food donation will be given to area animal shelters. If you have questions about our Annual Open House, please feel free email prospective [at] cvm [dot] osu [dot] edu.
Every year The Ohio State University College of Veterinary Medicine opens its doors to the public. This Annual Open House allows pet owners, farmers, and all animal lovers the opportunity to learn more about animal care and health. There are informational seminars on various topics including the different kinds of animals veterinarians treat, and the variety of career paths for veterinarians.
Last year's Annual Open House included seminars and activities for all ages, including the very popular Children's Activity Center where your child can dress up as a veterinary surgeon, get their "broken" teddy bear repaired, see chickens hatch and much more. There was a Food and Fiber Farm to learn how veterinarians help provide you safe, nutritious food, as well as many student organization or community booths to learn more about the role of veterinarians in today's society. Interested in becoming a veterinarian? Our information sessions will introduce you to careers in veterinary medicine, first and second year veterinary students, and alumni of the College of Veterinary Medicine.
Important Information About Your Visit
- Admission is FREE! Please bring a can of dog food or cat food, which will be donated to a local animal shelter.
- Online pre-registration is highly recommended. Onsite registration begins at 8:00 a.m.
- Self guided tours of Veterinary Medical Center will be available.
- Visitors who have been outside the United States after March 1 will be asked to visit the registration table so that students can assess whether they might pose a risk of spreading a foreign animal disease. This helps us ensure the health of our patients and Ohio State animals.
- During the Annual Open House the college will be photographing exhibits, tours, presentations and other gatherings. Open House attendees consent to have their photograph taken and possibly used in various types of media promoting the Open House. By registering for this event you agree to allow The Ohio State University College of Veterinary Medicine to use photographs of the event which may include you in printed materials, and on our website. If you DO NOT consent to having your photograph taken during the event you will need to let the photographer know.
Some free parking is available in the Sisson Hall parking lot to the East of the Veterinary Medical Center (denoted in blue) as well as along Coffey Road. Parking to the North of the Veterinary Medical Center in the Ornamental Plant Germplasm Center (denoted in yellow) will require purchase of a parking permit. Please reference the map below for parking areas.
Food will be available for purchase.