- About the College
- Veterinary Medical Center
- Departments & Offices
Annual Open House
Saturday, April 5, 2014
9 a.m. – 3 p.m. (rain or shine)
Click here to register!
Registration is not required and you can register the day of the event at our registration table.
There is no limit to the number of people who can register for this event.
This is a free event and is open to the public. We ask attendees to donate cat food or dog food. Pet food donations will be given to area animal shelters.
Every year The Ohio State University College of Veterinary Medicine opens its doors to the public. This Annual Open House allows prospective students, pet owners and all animal lovers the opportunity to learn more about animal care and health, take tours of the Veterinary Medical Center, and speak with veterinary students and professionals in the field of veterinary medicine.
If you have questions about our Annual Open House, please feel free email prospective [at] cvm [dot] osu [dot] edu or call (614) 292-1171.
Last year's Annual Open House included seminars and activities for all ages, including the very popular Children's Activity Center. Children can dress up as a veterinary surgeon, get their "broken" teddy bear repaired, see chicks hatch and much more. There was a Food and Fiber Farm to learn how veterinarians help provide you safe, nutritious food, as well as many student organization and community booths to learn more about the role of veterinarians in today's society. Interested in becoming a veterinarian? Our information sessions will introduce you to careers in veterinary medicine, featuring first and second year veterinary students, and alumni of the College of Veterinary Medicine.
Children can bring their own stuffed animals or purchase a teddy bear for $5 for the teddy bear surgery activity.
Important Information About Your Visit
- Admission is FREE! Please bring a can of dog food or cat food, blankets or toys, which will be donated to a local animal shelter.
- Online pre-registration is highly recommended. Onsite registration begins at 8:00 a.m.
- Self guided tours of Veterinary Medical Center will be available.
- Visitors who have been outside the United States after March 1 will be asked to visit the registration table so that students can assess whether they might pose a risk of spreading a foreign animal disease. This helps us ensure the health of our patients and Ohio State animals.
- During the Annual Open House the college will be photographing exhibits, tours, presentations and other gatherings. Open House attendees consent to have their photograph taken and possibly used in various types of media promoting the Open House. By registering for this event you agree to allow The Ohio State University College of Veterinary Medicine to use photographs of the event which may include you in printed materials, and on our website. If you DO NOT consent to having your photograph taken during the event you will need to let the photographer know.
- We ask that you leave your dogs and other pets at home in a safe and comfortable environment We want to maintain appropriate biosecurity and infection control for our patients, livestock, and your pets. Please remember that no animal may remain in an unattended vehicle at any time.
The Subway store located in the Veterinary Medical Center will be open from 9:00am - 3:00pm. They will be selling breakfast, lunch, and coffee throughout the day.
Some free parking is available in the Sisson Hall parking lot to the East of the Veterinary Medical Center (denoted in blue) as well as along Coffey Road. Parking to the North of the Veterinary Medical Center in the Ornamental Plant Germplasm Center (denoted in yellow) will require purchase of a parking permit. Please reference the map below for parking areas.