The CVM Office of Teaching and Learning fosters innovation and promotes excellence in veterinary medical education through strategic support for curricular, instructional, and assessment activities in both clinical and pre-clinical environments. Our mission is to build community and culture around learning-centered education.
T&L staff members provide consultation and faculty development programming for the following:
- Course design or re-design
- Learning theory and its application in veterinary medical education
- Identifying and measuring achievement of learning outcomes
- Effective and innovative instructional models
- Educational technology to enhance learning and promote collaboration
- Maximizing learning and course management systems
- Teaching and learning communities of practice
- Evidence-based best practices or Scholarship of Teaching and Learning (SoTL)
- Methods for evaluating teaching effectiveness
- Online, hybrid, or distance modules/courses
For more information on what we do, please visit our blog and resources pages here.