Tadesse, Daniel Alemayehu
Daniel is currently a Post Doctoral Researcher at the Food and Drug Administration in Maryland
Professional Training and Experience
- PhD, The Ohio State University, College of Veterinary Medicine, Department of Veterinary Preventive Medicine
- DVM, Addis Ababa University, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, 2000
- Molecular characterization of foodborne pathogens to track back source of infection and contamination.
- Genetic clonality and diversity of foodborne pathogen particularly Campylobacter, Salmonella, and Yersinia from different production systems and geographic locations.
- Evaluation of the extent of genetic diversity among the multiple antimicrobial resistant strains and relationship with virulence.
- Development of tests that enhance early detection and sub-typing of foodborne pathogens.