- Conferences and Workshops
- Fact Sheets
- Contact Us
Ohio Sustainable Dairy Program (Large Producers)
The Ohio Sustainable Dairy Program (OSDP) was developed as an on-farm educational program to assist and train various core groups of large dairy producers and their veterinarian to identify, implement, and accomplish sustainable business goals through an on-farm collaborative learning process. Demonstration is also a very important component of this learning process. The various core groups are made up of large dairy producers (> 500 cows) and their respective veterinary practitioner and/or practice. Each of the core groups attend six single-day hands-on intensive workshops (or modules) held on host farms or other pre-selected locations (modules are typically held bimonthly). For more information, please click here.
List of Modules and Topics
- Module 1: Dairy Farm Economics, Decision Making, & Record-Keeping
- Module 2: Dairy Cattle Reproduction
- Module 3: Dairy Cattle Nutrition
- Module 4: Milk Quality & Mastitis Control Program
- Module 5: Dairy Herd Health & Preventive Medicine
- Module 6: Leadership & Personal Effectiveness
Program supported by the Ohio Dairy Producers Association and OSU Extension Innovative Program Funding.