- Observation of ambulatory services (80% Thoroughbred reproduction)
- Observation of elective orthopedic surgery (30% of practice)
- Observation of hospitalized medicine cases
- Hands on experience based on student's motivation and current caseload
Associate Veterinarians and special expertise available
- 1 Boarded Surgeon - Dr. Christopher Johnson
- 1 Boarded Theriogenologist - Dr. Hernando Plata
- 1 Boarded Internist - Dr. Lucas Pantaleon
- 5 Ambulatory Veterinarians
- Full service hospital with lab, pharmacy, ICU, isolation facilities, and surgery suites
- Continuing Education activities throughout the year
- Access to internet
Students will observe and help with daily caseload medicine, surgery, ambulatory and in-clinics. Students expected to be prompt and involved with cases. Experience can be tailored to interest of student.
Breeding Season: 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday - Sunday
Otherwise: 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday - Friday; 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. Saturday
Student will be supervised by a veterinarian at all times.
Yes, housing is available for 2 students at a time.
Woodford Equine Hospital
3550 Lexington Road
P.O. Box 108 (mailing)
Versailles, KY 40383
Signature on file: Dr. Lindsay Layman
Updated on: 1/31/2008