Students will be involved in the day-to-day care of inpatients as well as experience the high quality referral care we provide to our clients. Caseload involves both surgical and medical elective cases, lameness examinations, intensive care patients and neonatal intensive care patients. Students will be able to assist in acquiring digital radiographs, digital ultrasound examinations, thorough lameness examinations, upper airway endoscopy, emergency patient acquisition and care and neonatal intensive care. The student will be asked to help with daily inpatient care and will be expected to be involved in assisting with emergency cases.
Associate Veterinarians and special expertise available
- Karen Rusiecki Blake, DVM, Board-Eligible Surgeon
- ennifer Saunders, DVM, Ambulatory Practitioner
- Joe Teshera, DVM, Ambulatory Practitioner
- Alicia Omstead, DVM, Ambulatory Practitioner
- We have a library with educational materials including pertinent equine literature as well as current journal articles and AAEP proceedings.
- We have twice weekly rounds - journal club and intern rounds.
See above description.
Approximately 8 hrs/day x 7 days/wk
Yes - on site
Willamette Valley Equine Surgical & Medical Center, LLC
23200 Hubbard Cutoff Road
NE Aurora, OR 97032
Signature On File: Karen Rusiecki Blake, DVM