- About the College
- Departments & Offices
- Veterinary Hospitals
Veterinary Specialty Center & Emergency Center of Delaware
We are a 24 hour, 7 day a week referral hospital providing specialty referral care and emergency and critical care. Our facility contains a full lab with chemistry machines, CBC, blood gas. We also have a CT scan on site as well as emergency and critical care equipment.
Associate Veterinarians and special expertise available
- Mark Cofone; VMD, DACVS
- Mike Miller; VMD, DABVP(Cardiology)
- Arthur Jankowski; VMD, DACVS
- Jeffrey Bowersox, DVM, DACVO
- Jeremy Diroff, DVM, DACVIM
- Robin Pullen, VMD, DACVIM
- Van Knox, VMD, DACVR
- Paul Orsini, DVM, DAVDC, DACVS
- Kevin Shanley, DVM, DACVD
- Brian Palmeiro, DVM, DACVD
- Brenda Larrimer-Miller, MSPT, OCS
- Micheal Cohen, VMD, emergency clinician
- Alexandra Frank, DVM, emergency clinician
- Masha Rubin, DVM, emergency clinician
- Erin Vicari, VMD, emergency clinician
- Kelly Krell, VMD, emergency clinician
- Carrie Remsburg, DVM, emergency clinician
- Weekly Journal Club
- Daily Rounds
- Complete Library with medical/surgical texts
- Various Journals from all specialties
The student will participate in surgery, follow doctors in office visits, observe cardiac and abdominal ultrasounds, and work with the veterinary dentist and dermatologist.The student can expect to see 20-30 cases per week.
- The student will participate in several services and procedures depending on mutual agreement of interests.
- Participation will include diagnosis, limited case management, and assistance in diagnostic and therapeutic procedures.
- The student will also have the opportunity to participate in journal club and hospital rounds with the current rotating internship program.
- The student can expect to see 20 to 30 case per week.
The Veterinary Specialty Center & Emergency Center of Delaware
290 Churchmans Road
New Castle, DE 19720
email: jbowersox [at] vcsdel [dot] com
Signature on file: Dr. Jeffrey Bowersox