1. Develop skill and familiarity with techniques and equipment employed in the ER.
2. Develop skills in recognition of changes in patient condition requiring prompt action in the ER.
3. Develop client communication skills.
4. Gain an appreciation and understanding of the variety of emergencies seen by the emergency service.
5. Develop the problem solving skills required to work in a busy emergency room.
6. See specific objective sheet at the end of this section.
Full veterinary teaching hospital
They will participate as a member of the ER team functioning just like one of our fourth year students.